Tuesday, September 20, 2011

3, 2, 1, Blast off!!!

I hope you are ready to blast off, because we are! There are lots and LOTS of stars, planets, moons, and suns hung all throughout our preschool. It looks great and I can hardly wait for everyone to see it. We are starting our new themed unit on SPACE this week! There are so many fun things we can do that I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit them all in.
Our last two units were purposely planned to be things most children were already familiar with to build trust and confidence in being at school. I wanted everyone to be able to share their experiences and answer the questions I asked, easily. This is our first real unit that will teach the preschoolers something they are most likely unfamiliar with. Going to space is something nobody in our class has experienced, so it will be new information for them. Of course, there will still be a few children who know a lot!! But I'm certain there will still be more for them to get out of all of the things we will be teaching.

No comments: