Thursday, September 15, 2011

Using our Five Senses

We had so much fun using our senses today. It was so much fun to see everyone's reactions as they were asked to taste, smell, and feel things that they could not see. I didn't blind fold anybody, because I'd afraid they'd be too afraid to talk to me. Instead, I had them come in one by one and sit in a chair with me in the kitchen. I then asked them to close their eyes as they tested each thing.
There were three things to taste: pudding, ice cream, and apple sauce.

There were three things to smell: cologne, pine sol, and flowery smelling soap.

There were three things to feel: a cotton ball, a rock, and play dough

I really tried to use things things that the preschoolers would be familiar with. I wanted them to guess most of the things, and they did. We did have some silly answers, as to be expected with little ones, and that made it all the more fun. After we tested everything, we talked about how neat it was to be able to tell what things were only using one of our senses.

No comments: