Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Music TIme

This week, we are learning some new songs! I just love Laurie Berkner and love to teach my preschoolers her songs. We are learning three new songs, The Good Night Song, Who's That, and I Really Love to Dance. You can find these songs on "you tube" although it takes some digging to get to the right ones. Your preschooler will love singing them with you at home if you find them on the computer.

Along with those new songs, we sing other more familiar songs, too. It helps children learn better if they feel confident. So, we've also included old time favorites like Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Five Little Ducks, and Snowman.

Music Time is the very last thing we do before we go home each day. That is one of my favorite times of the day. (The music time, not the going home part!) My hope is that your child continues to sing to you as you drive home. I love it when I hear, "Mom, I want to sing you my new song!" as your child climbs in your car.

No comments: